Monday, April 27, 2009

He still makes my heart race!


I married a Yankee - I know.....what was I thinking? I guess I was thinking...."hey...this guy totally speaks my language (minus the Texan drawl)".

But then the differences became obvious. He like the Cleveland Browns, I was a die-hard Dallas Cowboy fan. He's 6'5" - I'm 5'2". He wore suits to work.....I lived in jeans and flip flops. Rest assured, they were always cute jeans and fancy flips ....you know, the kind with sparkly things and bright colors. But as newlyweds you don't necessarily notice those differences at first....well, I did notice the height difference but the other things we just so cute. **sigh**

I'm here to tell you what true love is all about. Adapting. Not so much compromising because that pretty much means meeting in the middle somewhere - but learning what the other one likes and making some changes. WHAT ( I hear you !) ?? Isn't that just a slap in the face of the 21st century woman? Haven't we worked our tightly toned tushes off to achieve equality? Why would we want to start giving in to what the man likes again?? Well.....maybe because HE LIKES IT!!

But it's a two way street. There were things I liked too. And then one day it happened. My suit wearing, northern boy came struttin' out of our bedroom wearing (oh...I can hardly think about it without my heart racing) blue jeans, a white button down shirt and cowboy boots!! And I was smitten all over again....not just because he looked SO DARN GOOD but because I knew he did it just for me. Now that's what true love is all about.

No comments: