Friday, March 13, 2009

My Favorite Bra


While I was getting dressed I kind of whispered under my breath, to myself, that I wished my favorite bra wasn’t in the dirty clothes. My hubby, who must have assumed I was speaking to him since no one else was in the room, said “sorry, I didn’t hear you…what did you say?” I, somewhat startled that I had actually said that out loud, replied “oh…..I was talking to myself saying I wish that my favorite bra wasn’t dirty”. He, obviously unaware of a women and her relationship with her lingerie, said “why don’t you just buy 3 or 4 more of the same kind since it’s your favorite. That way when one is dirty you’ll always have some of the same kind handy.” Bless his heart.

My mind began to ping-pong thinking ‘should I inform him that his feeble attempt at solving my dilemma bordered on insanity or smile innocently and say “thank you baby for that suggestion…why didn’t I think of that?”’ How could I let him know that variety is the spice of life and how incredibly boring it would be to have one choice even if it was wonderful? Didn’t he love that I worked tirelessly to choose colors and designs that were functional, when necessary, but impractical….when necessary *wink wink*?

Then it occurred to me how perfect it is that he thinks that way. I’m thankful that variety isn’t the spice of his life and that it makes perfect sense to him that when you find that one thing that ‘fits’ just right….you stick with it. That’s good news for me. Maybe not such good news for him because my love of lingerie is probably not going away any time soon. But somehow….I don’t think he minds. :-)

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Thank you for the comment! I am officially one of your followers!! I must say it's nice to find someone as obsessed with lingerie as I am. I get into big trouble with my Victoria's Secret card! Have a great day and I love your blog :-)

Spicy Wifey said...

Love it! Shop away!

Terry said...

That's a gorgeous brassiere! I love the black and white print and the lace on the sides. I guess your husband was just being practical when he suggested that you buy 4 bras of the same design. But I definitely agree with you that variety adds spice to life. That's why I have a closet full of different Victoria's Secret lingerie. LOL!

Terry Bayer