Wednesday, February 18, 2009

An Entire Month Dedicated to PANCAKES!



Who knew?? Not me!! Where have I been? I just discovered what a lot of people, apparently, already knew and that is ... February is Pancake Month! Like...as in...Officially! I am now the happiest girl...in the whole U.S.A. (Oh yes ...there is actually a song called "I'm the Happiest Girl in the whole USA" and the following line starts with "Skip-a-dee doo da, thank you Lord". If you ever want to hear the most annoying song ever - one of those "I CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY BRAIN SONGS" - well, why would you want to do that?). Back to my point - PANCAKES! HAPPY!!

I like mine smothered with Mrs. Butterworth's syrup and not the light variety. If you're going to have a pancake, this is not the time to make any type of compromise or try to justify the binge by using 'sugar free' syrup or anything less than the thickest, most buttery syrup you can find. And speaking of butter - please, sir, may I have another! Lots of butter is a must and don't even dare try a non-butter substitute that promises to lower your cholesterol. NOT TODAY! Today - we celebrate the people of ancient times who, perhaps by sheer accident because of the lack of a non-stick skillet, created a delicacy that we honor with, not just a single day, but an entire month! So here's to you - Flapjack, Fritter, or just plain o' Pancake....today I lift my fork to you in shameless, sweet, syrupy celebration!
Follow us for more goodies HERE!

No comments: